Immediate Job Openings
Dispatch Driver Manager
The Driver Manager (DM) is the key entry-level leader at the very center of a fast-paced team environment who is accountable to deliver results through their drivers. Our customer’s needs require individuals who possess superior critical thinking skills, the ability to create solutions that exceed customer expectations and company objectives, and can effectively manage their workloads through solid tactical planning while quickly adapting to a dynamic environment. This position also requires impeccable oral and written communicative skills, the ability to demonstrate leadership and work well within a team environment.
The Driver Manager will manage asset utilization and drivers to ensure high delivery of customer service and fleet profitability. Additionally, the DM assists, coaches, mentors drivers with all training and administrative items.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a fleet of trucks to provide superior customer service results
- Knowledge and application of all FMCSA guidance regarding safety and driver responsibilities
- Handling urgent situations in a timely and professional manner while maintaining your poise
- Tracking drivers, loads and rail schedules to increase driver productivity and service results
- Effectively manage safety results by creating and enhancing an aggressive safety program
- Effectively network with our customer service, planning and finance functions
- Planning future workload with an emphasis on success and high driver productivity
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- The ideal candidate is a professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Transportation, supply chain or logistics experience is preferred but not required
- Previous intermodal experience a plus
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong organization and planning skills as they pertain to daily trip planning and schedules
- Possess working-level knowledge of transportation P&L metrics and levers to drive profitability
- Above average computer skills with emphasis on transportation-specific software/platforms
- Ability to prioritize workload and thrive in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Team player
- 3% company contribution to 401(k) savings plan
- 100% Company paid medical insurance
- Annual bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and personal time off
- Available dental and vision insurance plans
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
CDL Truck Drivers Wanted!
Manchester Motor Freight, a well established New England based trucking company, specializing in intermodal container drayage, has immediate openings for a CDL class-A Tractor Trailer drivers to drive our company trucks. We are continually searching for highly qualified, experienced and dedicated truck drivers to join our team. We have immediate job openings for Owner-Operator truck drivers as well as job openings for company drivers. Owner Operator and company driver work primarily runs out of the CSX and Norfolk Southern intermodal terminals in Springfield, Worcester, and Ayer, Massachusetts.
Primarily intermodal loads. Clean driving record required. Hazmat and TWIC are a plus.
- $1000 SAFETY BONUS!
- Semi-annual safety bonus!
- Competitive compensation – percentage of revenue pay
- Excellent Benefits
- No overnights!
- No weekends!
- Operate only in the 6 New England states – Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
- Weekly Settlements
- Steady work – as much as you can handle!